Tuesday, 8 May 2018
Thursday, 1 March 2018
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
LAW TEXT CULTURE
Vol 23 (2019)
Due 30 May
The Editorial Board of Law Text Culture is seeking proposals for the 2019 special edition of the Journal (Volume 23), due for publication in December 2019.
Law Text Culture is a transcontinental, peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal which aims to produce fresh insights and knowledges about law and jurisprudence across three interconnected axes:
Politics: engaging the relationship of force and resistance
Aesthetics: eliciting the relationship of judgment and expression
Ethics: exploring the relationship of self and other.
The annual thematic special issue, curated by guest editors, is selected by the editorial board. Each issue explores its theme across a range of genres, with scholarly essays and articles sitting alongside visual and literary engagements. In this way, Law Text Culture excites unique intersectional and interdisciplinary encounters with law in all its forms.
Proposals by potential guest editors should include:
• a concise description of the proposed theme;
• a draft call for papers setting out the aims and concepts of the issue;
• an indication of the intended authors and how they are to be identified/contacted (eg whether the proposal arises out of a seminar series, conference or workshop);
• the range of genres (eg poetry, scholarly essays, visual arts etc) expected to be included in the edition; and
• brief details of the guest editor(s).
Proposals should be no more than 1000 words and should be emailed to the Managing Editor by close of business 30 May 2018. For further information, including the role of guest editors, and the journal style guide, please visit http://lha.uow.edu.au/law/LIRC/LTC/index.html. Details on the editors and themes of previous editions of Law Text Culture are available at: http://ro.uow.edu.au/ltc/all_issues.html
Associate Professor Cassandra Sharp
Managing Editor Law Text Culture
School of Law, University of Wollongong NSW